Sunday, January 30, 2011

Simple, Swanky Memo Board

I needed a cute place for reminders and such, so I decided to make my own memo board using an old wooden frame I already had.

The supplies you will need: picture frame, 1 foam board, cork roll, spray glue, fabric of your choice

The first step is to find a cute frame that suits your style and the size you want your memo board to be. I found an ugly picture a while back for $15 at a local consignment shop but the frame was amazing. It was originally just a boring wood color so I jazzed it up with some gold metallic spray paint.


Next, I cut the foam board, cork roll, and fabric to fit the picture frame. I bought the foam board for $1 at Dollar Tree. The cork roll was bought at Michael's for about $4 and the fabric I found online.




I then sprayed the foam board with spray glue and attached the pre-cut cork and let it dry for about 30 minutes. Then I spray glued the cork and attached my fabric and again let it dry for a bit.



Of course the next step is to put the foam/fabric/cork board back into your frame. To secure the board to the frame, I hammered small nails into the frame itself.

Easy as pie.

2 comments:

  1. I was SO excited to find your blog...you have such amazing ideas and I love all of your DIY projects! Can't wait to keep reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these DIY ideas! You are so creative. I saw pictures of your nursery on Apartment Therapy and it is gorgeous! Did you make those pom poms? I'm dying to know how to make them! Can't wait to see more ideas. - Amy

    http://motherhoodandmiscellany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete