A few days ago, I scored two oversized metal poster frames (I'm talking 3'x 4') at a consignment shop for $10 each. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but I knew that just the sheer size of these babies would make an impact in any room.
I ended up deciding to paint the foam board (that was included with the frames) a light mint green, and gild a huge swiss cross smack dab in the middle. I've been loving swiss cross decor plastered all over Pinterest lately, so I figured now was the time to get my fix. :)
Supplies: foam board, paint color of your choice, gold leaf, size (gilding glue) foam brushes, frog tape, pencil, measuring tape
1. I painted the entire foam board with the mint green paint.
2. I measured and marked everything to make sure the cross squares were all the same size and that it was centered in the middle of the board. (This was the most time consuming part.)
3. I outlined my cross with frog tape to make the gilding process much easier.
4. I gilded the cross. (Great instructions on how to gild here.)
5. Put everything back together & voila!